This course will provide students with an overview of what to expect, and what’s expected of them throughout the 3D Animation certification program. We will discuss best practices for backing up work, organizing projects, as well as acceptable deliverable formats. We’ll explore traditional artistic concepts such as composition and color theory. This 3D Animation class will also introduce Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Students will develop a basic understanding of these essential applications, learn how they differ, and how their unique capabilities are leveraged at the professional level.
- Understand how to navigate the PC interface, save, and organize work
- Understand how to use their Wacom tablet and customize settings
- Understand the difference between pixel and vector images
- Demonstrate Photoshop brushes, layers, masks, and selection tools
- Demonstrate Illustrator’s shapes, layers, pen, and selection tools
- Develop a functional vocabulary of important artistic terminologies