As part of the 3D Animation certification, students will learn how to model mechanical objects for industrial design and prototyping projects. Using reference images and blueprints students will get their first peek at how to effectively and efficiently create 3D meshes that properly represent 2d concepts. Product design and 3D development will be discussed through a series of lectures and exercises with an emphasis on product modeling.
- How to set up Reference Planes and Reference Layers
- Intermediate modeling tools such as split, append, merge, and mirror
- How to create clean topology and poly-flow
- How to utilize Smooth Mesh Preview
- How to properly Combine and Extract meshes
- How to utilize Duplicate with Transform and Duplicate Special
- Customize Shelves and Hotkeys