In this 3D Animation class students will learn to create detailed textures for their characters, through painting, and Spotlight in Pixologic ZBrush. Students will also learn how to retoplogize characters in order to transfer high resolution details onto lower poly meshes, ideal for the production pipeline. We’ll then create UVs using UV Master and generate texture maps which conform to the 3D model. Textures can then be enhanced in Photoshop before being reapplied to the mesh in Maya.
- Understand painting techniques to create realistic skin and fabric
- Understand how to use Spotlight
- Understand how to Retopologize and project detail in ZBrush
- Understand how to use UV Master
- Understand how to generate Bump, Normal, Specular, and Displacement Maps
- Understand how to create realistic Eyes, Teeth and Hair