This Audio Production certificate module provides an introduction to signal flow and recording in the modern studio and pays particular attention to optimal studio setup and signal routing using an analog console and patch bay. Concepts are presented through lecture, hands-on activities, and a student-run recording session.
- Understand production process from pre-production through final delivery
- Understand layout of modern recording studios
- Identify the equipment involved in the recording process
- Recognize basic signal flow symbols
- Create and interpret basic signal flow diagrams
- Set up equipment and routing for recording sessions