This Audio Production class examines the equipment and recording techniques utilized in field recording, particularly as it pertains to film and television production. Topics include boom pole operation, microphone types and techniques, portable sound mixers and recording devices, ambience, room tone, time code, and the unique challenges inherent to production sound.
- Identify the differences between field recording and studio recording
- Correctly record location audio for radio, video, and film
- Select the proper equipment for field recording
- Learn to work in conjunction with cameras
- Use a hand held boom pole
- Understand the importance of microphone selection and apply this knowledge to selecting the right microphones for a variety of on-location situations
- Understand sound perspective as it relates to the visual image