This Filmmaking class introduces the basics of digital imaging systems and photographic equipment for making motion pictures. During the remainder of the Filmmaking certificate, there will be ongoing technical and creative instruction to progressively ratchet up the student’s level of expertise with camera. This module is to give students the very basics, so that they can start practicing in a productive manner.
- Basic video camera operation
- Safe and proper use of tripods and cameras
- Shot framing and composition
- Proper exposure, focus and white balance
- Use of an external monitor
- External monitor calibration
- How lens selection affects the image