In this course, students will enhance the dynamism and user experience of their sites by looking at AJAX, a technique that combines everything we’ve learned up to this point in the Web Development certificate program to create instant changes on web sites without a page reload.
- The history of AJAX, including XMLHttpRequest
- jQuery’s .load, .get, .post and .ajax methods
- Connecting HTML/CSS/JS/jQ and AJAX into a seamless user experience
- Understand what AJAX is, what it does and when to use it
- See how to safely add AJAX to existing projects to enhance the User Experience (UX)
- Use best practices to ensure graceful degradation where AJAX isn’t supported