Developing custom WordPress themes is an important and sought after skill that requires planning, organization and an understanding of the WordPress framework itself. In this Web Development class students learn advanced techniques for designing custom WordPress themes, including how to manage sidebars, widgets and blog functionality. We’ll also begin working with various WordPress plugins that add even more functionality to the framework.
- Understanding Template Hierarchy
- Plugin’s, Widgets and Themes
- Basics of Theme architecture
- Clearly understanding the structure of a WordPress theme
- Demonstrating best practices for theme development
- Guide students through completion of an entire WordPress project from start to finish